Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or for yourself, our recipes hit the spot every time.
Drunken Beer Potatoes
This tasty appetizer is what dreams are made of: Merkts Beer Spread Cheese and perfectly seasoned potatoes. Drunken Beer Potatoes isn’t just tasty to eat, but your friends and family will love smothering their potatoes in the warm, delicious beer cheese sauce.
- yield: 16 potatoes + cheese
- serving Size: 4 potatoes each
- cook Time: 45 minutes
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a mixing bowl, combine potatoes, olive oil, thyme, 1 Tbsp garlic, salt and pepper
- Spread evenly onto a sheet pan and cook for 25 minutes
- In a saucepan, add heavy cream and bring to a simmer
- Add beer cheese and whisk together
- Keep cheese warm
- 8 In a sauté pan, add a little olive oil and 1 Tbsp of garlic on medium heat
- Add potatoes and sauté until crispy and golden brown on all sides
- Deglaze pan with lager and reduce to a simmer until it evaporates
- Plate potatoes and pour cheese into bowl
- Garnish with minced parsley and skewers for dipping of the potatoes
- Serve hot!
- Dipping isn’t just for potatoes. You can dip anything your heart desires—chips, pitas, pieces of bread. The world is your smorgasbord.
- Getting potatoes that are similar in size will help ensure they all cook at the same rate.
- If you can’t find baby red skin potatoes, try dicing regular potatoes into large chunks and prepare per recipe.
- No beer, no problem. Deglaze the pan in just a splash of olive oil instead.
- If the cheese gets too thick, return to heat and stir in a little heavy cream.