Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or for yourself, our recipes hit the spot every time.
Inside-Out BBBQ Burger
No, we didn’t type an extra “B.” A BBBQ Burger is an all-beef patty that’s been stuffed with Merkts Sharp Cheddar Cheese and applewood smoked bacon. Serve this juicy burger on a toasted bun with crispy onion rings, jalapenos and BBQ sauce… Woohoo!
- yield: 4 burgers
- serving Size: 1/4 lb. Burger
- cook Time: 20 minutes
How to Make It
- Make eight 2 oz flat burger patties.
- Spread 1 Tbsp of Merkts on patty, leaving 1/4” around edges without cheese
- Top cheese with 1 Tbsp of chopped bacon
- Put other patty on top and crimp together to create a burger
- Repeat to make 3 more burgers
- Grill them medium to well done in a nonstick pan on med-high heat
- Toast buns
- Place 2-3 onion rings on each bottom bun and top with 2 jalapeno rounds
- Add patty and spread on 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- Plop on the top bun and serve hot
- It’s okay if some of the cheese oozes from the burger after cooking—in fact, it looks great.
- Need more cheddar? Smear more Merkts on top of the burger patty, and then add the BBQ sauce.
- Add your favorite toppings for a personalized creation.
- Placing toppings under the patty lets you bite into the hot, juicy burger first and enjoy its true flavor.
- Experiment with various types of burger buns: Kaiser, potato, whole wheat or Kings Hawaiian.
- Ground chuck or ground round can be used instead of ground sirloin.
- Cook 2-3 strips of applewood smoked bacon until crispy, then cut into small chunks for the recipe. For convenience, bacon can be prepared ahead of time.