Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or for yourself, our recipes hit the spot every time.
Huevos Fajita Taco
Breakfast or late-night snacking never tasted so good! Steak and eggs are cooked fajita-style (with bell peppers, onions and Pico de gallo), then dropped into a warm flour tortilla covered with a generous slathering of Merkts Sharp Cheddar.
- yield: 4 tacos
- serving Size: 1 taco
- cook Time: 10 minutes
How to Make It
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan on med-high heat
- Add steak, peppers and onions, cook for 2 minutes or till steak is cooked to preference
- Put in a bowl and salt and pepper to taste
- In same pan, soft-scramble eggs and divide into 4 portions
- Heat tortillas in microwave for 10 seconds
- Spread 1 Tbsp Merkts evenly on each tortilla
- Add steak, peppers, onions
- Top with eggs and Pico de gallo
- Fold tortilla and repeat three more times
- Serve hot!
- Make it even easier by buying fajita-style beef that’s pre-cooked and sliced.
- Strips of raw flank steak or tri-tip can also be economical cuts of beef.
- Change it up by using shredded pork or use grilled or sausage or sauteed chicken strips.
- Swap the soft tortilla out for a crunchy taco shell or go healthy with whole wheat tortillas.
- Toss a little Merkts Sharp Cheddar Cheese into the pan with the steak, peppers and onions right at the end of cooking. It’ll add some extra creamy-cheesy indulgence.
- Don’t just serve them up for breakfast—these are great any time of the day—even a midnight snack.