Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or for yourself, our recipes hit the spot every time.
Bacon Cheese Pig Wings
They’re big, they’re cheesy, and they’re addicting! You’ve been warned! Succulent pig wings are baked to perfection and then tossed with melted Merkts Sharp Cheddar, crunchy bits of applewood smoked bacon, garlic powder and sliced fresh green onions.
- yield: 12 pig wings
- serving Size: 3 pig wings
- cook Time: 15 minutes
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Place pre-cooked pig wings on a foil-lined sheet pan
- Bake for about 10 minutes
- Put wings in a stainless-steel mixing bowl and toss with garlic powder
- In a small container, microwave Merkts for 20 seconds to soften
- Add melted cheese, bacon pieces and onions to wings
- Toss with tongs to evenly coat
- Serve hot!
- The best place to buy pig wings is from your local foodservice distributor (they come pre-cooked and smoked).
- You can also look for pig wings at specialty grocers or ask a butcher to prepare them. (Pig wings are cut from the ham shank/small fibula bone).
- You can grill the pre-cooked pig wings or fry ‘em in a tabletop electric fryer.
- If you love chicken, baked chicken wings can be prepared the same way as the pig wings. You can even toss the wings in hot sauce and garlic powder. Then combine with the melted Merkts Sharp Cheddar, bacon and scallions.
- Mincing the bacon is important for the best flavor, as the smaller pieces more evenly coat each pig wing. Or, use bacon bits rather than cooking and chopping fresh bacon.
- For additional dipping pleasure and indulgence, a side of Merkts Sharp Cheddar sauce can be served alongside the wings—just melt it in the microwave and stir the cheese.
- Cook 1 or 2 strips of applewood smoked bacon until crispy and then mince for recipe. You can also prepare this ahead of time.